The Reel Power OG Patented Catahead Style LARS System transfers the power of lifting to a dual failsafe tractor curve mounted on the mast and compliments the system with failsafe double wedge slips which act as parking brakes and/or emergency stop brakes. The relatively small catahead located on the mast eliminates the need for large heavy duty winches.
The Reel Power OG Patented Catahead Style LARS System transfers the power of lifting to a dual failsafe tractor curve mounted on the mast and compliments the system with failsafe double wedge slips which act as parking brakes and/or emergency stop brakes. The relatively small catahead located on the mast eliminates the need for large heavy-duty winches.
Placing the lifting power in a relatively small Catahead located on the mast allows the cable to be wound under low tension on the reel. The lower tension reel does not require a grooved drum or heavy frame and drive assembly, increasing the wear life of reel. Winding under low tension allows you to replace the cable on-board, eliminating the need for expensive land-based cable tensioning equipment. Further, this eliminates knifing of the cable on the reel, allowing your LARS to handle different loads extending the flexibility of the system.
The Reel Power OG cable reel’s patented adjustable angle level wind allow the reel greater flexibility in placing onboard plus sense it operates at low tensions, the reel can be positioned almost anywhere on the deck, even below the main deck. The patented Smart Reel technology allows the reel to be operated automatically not requiring operator intervention during deployment or retrieval while automatically controlling the tension on the cable.
The complete ROV system includes Catahead (patented)mounted on the extendable Mast/Boom, Latch & Rotate Module, Failsafe Parking & Emergency Stop Brake (patented), ROV Cable Reel (several patents) and Hydraulic Power unit. A typical LARS for well intervention includes the Catahead with Mast/Boom, Umbilical Reel or IWOCS reel, Hydraulic Power unit, Downline Winch and Subsea Control module.
- Catahead System – Curved & Straight
- ROV Cable Reel (pneumatic, hydraulic or electric)
- IWOCS Umbilical Reel (pneumatic, hydraulic or electric)
- ROV Mast (Overboard System)
- Failsafe Parking & Emergency Stop Brake
- ROV Latch & Rotate Module
- Active Heave Compensation option
- Catahead Maintenance Platform option
- Hydraulic Power Unit Hydraulic & Electric Powered Systems
- Catahead Deploys ROV Cables, Wire Rope, & Coiled Tubing
- Currently designed for Work Class and heavier ROV deployment; other sizes are available
- 12,000 ft Depth – 40,000 lb Load Rating
- ROV Deployment – Work Class through Ultra Heavy Work Class
- Well Intervention LARS
- Riserless Intervention
- Downline Deployment
- Coiled Tubing Deployment
- Rewind Cable On-board the Vessel, No Need to Return Winch to Shore
- Automatic Cable Deployment and Retrieval
- Eliminates knifing of the cable
- Lower Total Weight by 10-20%
- Easier & Lower Maintenance
- Smaller Footprint
- Free Up Main Deck - Position Reel on Sub-deck or Other Location
- Catahead Can Handle Other Deployment Operations - Eliminating Additional Equipment