Raw Water/Pre-Loading Reel Systems provide an effective means of storing, lowering, and retrieving a composite hose at the end of which an ESP (Electrical Submersable Pump) can be attached and run below the ocean surface to deliver seawater to an elevated offshore structure.
Raw Water/Pre-Loading Reel Systems provide an effective means of storing, lowering, and retrieving a composite hose at the end of which an ESP (Electrical Submersable Pump) can be attached and run below the ocean surface to deliver seawater to an elevated offshore structure. These systems free up cranes, manpower, and SAVE time. These intrinsically safe, small footprint, lightweight systems eliminate the high maintenance, heavy, hazardous delivery systems. Available in various capacities, hose configurations, and lengths to suit your needs. Hydraulic and electric options are also available. Composite hose eliminates separate power connections and provides added safety. Controls include direction of rotation, tension, and brake controls for hose reel. A live swivel connection, stand, and slip ring are optional. Remote control panels are available for ease of operation upon request.
- Intrinsically safe, pneumatic drive and braking system.
- Skid mounted hose reel is mounted on a heavy-duty, robust oilfield type skid suitable for marine environment
- Skid can be welded/bolted to the rig deck
- Frame is designed to support the entire length of 150' of hose full of salt water, ESP, and accessories while holding tension
- All bearings provided with lubrication points
- Skid, frame, flanges, and drum are of heavy guage steel coapable of withstanding harsh environments
- Drum is designed with an optimum diameter to minimize the footpring without compromising the functionality or strength of the frame
- The drum accomodates a 6" ANSI flanged connection further connected to a swivel at the end
- Mechanical locking device is provided to lock the reel after deployment
- Guessets are on all stress points
- smooth edges prevent hose scuffing
- concentric ribs provide additional rigidity
- Frame includes lifting eyes and fork lift pockets upon request
- Fully-guarded drive components and pinch points
- All welds are seal welded
Reel Power systems provide the safest and most reliable seawater supply for offshore jack-ups. For new rigs and vessels, the Reel Power systems can retrieve the pump more easily for periodic maintenance in the shortest possible time, ensuring the least rig down time and decreasing overall operating cost.
Complete systems include submersible pump selected to your vessel’s requirements, reel, heavy duty hose, pump power cable, safety cable, and pump controls. Pump controls may be variable frequency or single speed soft start.
Greater Flexibility for Pump Access
- Raise the pump out of water any time when not pumping reduces sea growth
- Does not require the use of crane to pull manifold piping (dangerous operation)
- Quickly retrieve the pump for maintenance any time
Easier & Faster Rig Moves (more important with frequent rig moves of Lift Boats)
- Fire water pumping available when jacking up & down
- No heavy manifold blinds and jumper hoses to lift & make-up
- One man deployment and retrieval
Lower Operating Costs
- Less Ocean Life grows in Hoses than steel pipes
- Easier and less costly to replace a hose than manifold piping
- Higher flow rates due to less ocean life growth
- Often able to operate in shallower water making your vessel more marketable
If you are a lift boat owner or builder we'd like to share the many benefits of these systems.